Do you think that you make the BEST Vegan Mac n’ Cheese?!
Come show the community at the 9th Annual Tampa Bay Veg Fest!
Compete against other participants to claim the title of “Best Vegan Mac n’ Cheese of the 9th Annual Tampa Bay Veg Fest.”
Join us and show your best Vegan Mac n’ Cheese skills on November 3rd, 2018 as a participant and to show Tampa Bay who makes the best of the best Vegan Mac n’ Cheese!
This event will host a maximum of 10 local cooks competing against each other for the title “Best Vegan Mac n’ Cheese of the 9th Annual Tampa Bay Veg Fest”. The entry fee is $10 per contestant. A panel of judges comprised of some of our amazing speakers will determine the winner from all Mac n’ Cheese entries and there will also be a community vote for a “People’s Choice” winner.
Entries will showcase pasta and vegan cheese.
Non-traditional ingredients and delicious creativity are encouraged!
The “First Place” Winner will receive a $40 gift card to Farmacy Vegan Kitchen & Bakery and a trophy.
The “People’s Choice” Winner will receive $20 gift card to Farmacy Vegan Kitchen & Bakery and a trophy.
We and the community really look forward to trying your amazing Vegan Mac n’ Cheese. See you there!
Contest must have a minimum of 10 entries to be held.
All entry forms and fees must be received by October 29, 2018.
The entry fee is $10 per batch of Mac n Cheese.
There will be a 1st place judge selected winner and also a “People’s Choice” winner.
Entry proceeds will contribute toward a donation to Tampa Bay Veg Fest Fund.
The following rules are to be adhered to by all cooks, judges and/or assistants
- All ingredients must be pre-cooked prior to the event – Mac n’ Cheese is to be brought “ready-to-eat”. Commercial Mac n’ Cheeses will not be accepted.
- Each contestant must cook 4 pounds of competition Mac n’ Cheese. It is to be prepared in a shallow aluminum chaffing pan. Constants are permitted to prepare only one pan which will be submitted for judging. Mac n’ Cheese is to be warmed to 150 degrees upon arrival to the competition site. Utensils and cups for tasting will be provided by Veg Fest.
- Each constant will be assigned a number for judging purposes. The decision of the judges is final. The “People’s Choice” winner will be chosen via the final tally of tasting votes.
- Each constant is responsible for removing all items they brought related to their entry in the contest. No items will remain after the close of the contest.
- Contestants have your Vegan Mac n’ Cheese delivered to the Cook Off booth by 10:30 a.m. Judging will begin 11:30 a.m.
All entries must be completely vegan/plant based.
In this competition, the Mac n’ Cheese will be judged blindly (no one knows the identity of the cook) and scorecards will be based on the following characteristics:
- Use of non-traditional ingredients
Join us for some local food, a day of activities, vendors, speakers, including Paul Watson of Sea Shepherd, fun for the kids, and more. Veg Fest is free to the community and we expect 7000-8000 attendees.
Tasting tickets are just $5 for 4 tastings or $10 for 10 tastings and can be purchased at the booth, which will be located adjacent to the Musician Tent. After you sample the offerings you can cast your vote for the People Choice Award!
The deadline to register is October 29, 2018.Register